Hello! Welcome to my blog, Stripes and Sunflowers! In this first blog post I’d like to introduce myself with some fun facts. So here we go….
- My name is Jordan. Not Morgan! You’d be surprised how many times I’ve been called that. Many times I am mistaken for a guy, especially through email and things like that since there is no face-to-face communication. As a kid I hated my unisex name but have grown to love it. Actually, all of my names (I have four– 2 middle names) could be used for guys, too.
- The reason for my blog’s name? I own a ton of striped clothing and sunflowers are my favorite flower. Plus, the alliteration is cool.
- I go to a liberal arts women’s college in South Carolina. *cue all the stereotypes* It’s fine, though. I had a lot of those before coming here. They’re wrong. 😉
- I am a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education major. I’ll do a blog post one day about how I chose my major. Also, be on the lookout for plenty more posts about things I’m learning about education, deafness, and Deaf culture!
- I love coffee and naps. However, the two don’t mix very well. I could drink coffee all day long if it wouldn’t keep me up all night. And all the coffee in the world couldn’t fix the crankiness I’d feel if I don’t get my sleep. I just save my one big cup of coffee for the morning and drink water or green tea the rest of the day.
- My boyfriend is a soldier in the Army National Guard. I definitely plan to write a post (with his help) about things civilians don’t understand about the National Guard. Before he went off to basic, I was totally clueless and it seems other people are as well.
I hope you enjoyed those little facts about me! Leave me comments so I can get to know more about you!